Accessibility in Metabase
Metabase is not yet fully compliant with the US federal government’s Section 508 standard. Some specific areas where Metabase we still have work to do include:
- Metabase lacks a method to allow screen readers to skip over repetitive navigation elements.
- Metabase is extremely close but not 100% compliant at providing text equivalents for all non-text elements.
- Most of our form elements are selectable by tabbing through elements.
- Metabase has minimal transition animations in it, but we have not yet tested whether the range of flickering is always between 2 and 55 Hertz. If you’ve opted for Reduce Motion / Remove Animation settings in your OS to take advantage of the
prefers-reduced-motionCSS media feature, Metabase will disable animations.
- Metabase’s data tables do not have row and column headers identified in markup.
- We do not yet have a published description of our accessibility and compatibility features.
If you’d like to help us address these accessibility gaps, please see our developers’ guide.