Partner and community drivers
In addition to our Officially supported drivers, many people build and maintain drivers for database integrations.
We have two types of third-party drivers:
How to use a third-party driver
To use a Partner or Community driver on a self-hosted Metabase:
- Download the latest jar file from the driver’s repository (see the repo’s Releases section for the JAR files).
- Copy the JAR file into the plugins directory in your Metabase directory (the directory where you run the Metabase JAR).
You can change the location of the plugins directory by setting the environment variable
Partner drivers, like officially supported drivers, are available out-of-the-box on Metabase cloud. No action needed.
Community drivers are not supported on Metabase Cloud.
Partner drivers are available both on Metabase Cloud and on self-hosted Metabases.
To qualify as a partner driver, the driver must:
- Have a sponsor (usually the database’s vendor) who has committed to maintaining the driver for future releases.
- Pass the Metabase test suite and a code review by our team.
- Have a permissive license.
Current partner drivers:
Partner drivers are available to Cloud customers out-of-the-box.
If you have interest in becoming a partner, please fill the partner form and we will get in touch.
Note: Metabase Cloud doesn’t support community drivers
Anyone can build a community driver. These are the currently known third-party database drivers for Metabase.
You install these drivers at your own risk. The plugins will run as part of your Metabase instance and, as such, will have access to anything it does.
|Database||GitHub Stars||Last release (if available)|
|Hydra||Hydra connections use the official Postgres driver.||Not applicable.|
|Netsuite SuiteAnalytics Connect|
If you are having problems installing or using a community driver, your best bet is to contact the author of the driver.
Write your own driver
Check out Guide to writing a Metabase driver.