2 min read
Announcing the Metabase Network
‧ 2 min read
Share this article
Analytics is complicated.
Metabase makes asking questions, setting up dashboards and emails easy, but there are a lot of other moving pieces involved. You need to get a data warehouse set up. Then you need to get data in. Then you realize that it’s not in the right schema. You might want a custom Metabase feature., or a connector to a database we don’t support. Or you might want to integrate Metabase with other software downstream.
We get lots of requests for this sort of help, and we try to do our part via our user forum, github, and email. However, with a small team we don’t have the bandwidth to help everyone. We’ve had to say no to a lot of folks that might well have been helped by someone else.
At the same time, we know there are lots of talented folks out there who are looking for work, whether short term gigs or full time. We’d love to bring these two parts of the ecosystem together.
So, if you’re a developer, administrator or analyst looking for short or long term contracting gigs, let us know. Sign up here. We’ll ask for some information that will help us route work your way and when someone reaches out to us with a request we think you might be a good match for, we’ll pass it on.
- What does this cost me?
- What’s in it for you, then?
- Happy Metabase users. People get more value from Metabase if they can get a database with all the information they need, a nice, orderly schema, etc. Happy Metabase users make us happy.
- How often will you email me?
- We’ll email you when we get a request for help. We don’t know how frequently this will be, but we promise to screen all opportunities that come your way. We won’t just be forwarding everything to everyone.
- Will I need to make a public profile?
- No. We won’t publish anything about you without asking you first.
- Am I obligated to accept or bid on jobs I receive?
- Nope. Reply back if anything sparks your interest, or just hit “archive”
- I think this is a great idea and all, but don’t you have a better name for this than “the Metabase Network”?
- We’ll likely change it once we come up with a better name. If you have any ideas, let us know!
Interested? Sign up here.