What is a question?
In Metabase, a question is a query, its results, and its visualization.
If you’re trying to figure something out about your data in Metabase, you’re probably either asking a question or viewing a question that someone else on your team created. In everyday usage, question is pretty much synonymous with query.
What you can do with questions in Metabase
- Save your question to a collection so that you can come back to or build on it later.
- Add that question to relevant dashboards. Questions on a dashboard are known as cards.
- Set up email or Slack alerts on your question.
- Share the results of your question by sending links to people on your team — even to questions that you haven’t saved.
- Download the results of your question as CSV, XLSX, or JSON.
- Convert your saved question to a model.
And figure 2 shows what this same question looks like as a table:
Questions and the Metabase API
Did this article help you?
Thanks for your feedback!