Notification recipients can see whatever the notification creator can see. For example, if:
- Beau creates a subscription to a dashboard saved in their personal collection.
- Beau adds Anya to the dashboard subscription.
- Anya will see the dashboard in her email, even though she doesn’t have permissions to view that dashboard in Beau’s personal collection.
From Account settings, all accounts can:
- Create alerts and dashboard subscriptions.
- Add new recipients to dashboard subscriptions that they own. Non-admins can only add themselves to alerts.
- Unsubscribe from any alert or subscription.
Same as all accounts, but people using sandboxed accounts will only see themselves in the list of recipients when creating an alert or subscription.
From Metabase’s auditing tools, admins can:
- View all subscriptions and alerts
- Add or remove recipients from an existing subscription or alert
- Delete subscriptions or alerts
Admins can add recipients without changing the permissions of the alert or subscription. For example, if an admin adds Anya to a subscription created by Beau, Anya will receive emails with the same data that the Beau can see.
More control over email options
- Limit email recipients to approved domains for notifications.
- Limit which recipients Metabase suggests when people set up a subscription or alert.