If someone has the wrong level of access to a dashboard or a question, the problem may be coming from group settings, collection permissions, or data permissions.
- Go to Admin > People and check if the person is in more than one group with different permissions.
- If a person can’t view or edit questions or dashboards, see Troubleshooting collection permissions.
- If a person can’t access data, such as schema, tables, rows, or columns, see Troubleshooting data permissions.
If you have a different issue, see related problems.
Troubleshooting collection permissions
- A user group can’t access a dashboard in a collection that they have permissions for.
- A user group can view collections that contain restricted data.
Troubleshooting data permissions
Row and column permissions
Native query (SQL) permissions
- A user group can’t access the SQL editor.
- A user group with SQL permissions isn’t being restricted by their data sandbox.
Table or schema permissions
- A user group has the wrong access to a table or schema.
- Getting a “permission denied” error message.
- Checking someone’s access to a table or schema
Do you have a different problem?
Are you still stuck?
If you can’t solve your problem using the troubleshooting guides:
- Search or ask the Metabase community.
- Search for known bugs or limitations.