Troubleshooting viewing and editing questions and dashboards
- Clear your browser cache.
- Check if a browser extension or plugin is interfering with Metabase:
- Disable all extensions and plugins,
- Open your question or dashboard in an incognito browser session, or
- Open your question or dashboard in a different browser.
- If you aren’t the creator of the question or dashboard, check if you have permissions to the collection where the question or dashboard is saved.
I can’t view or edit a dashboard in a collection that I have permissions to
- Check the collections where each question (or card) on the dashboard is saved.
- If a saved question is in a collection that you don’t have access to, you’ll need to ask someone with edit access to the collection to:
- Grant you permission to the collection.
- Or, to move the saved question to a collection that you have permissions to.
- If the steps above don’t solve your problem, ask your Metabase admin if you have permission to the database that’s used by the question.
Moving a dashboard to a different collection doesn’t move the dashboard’s questions into that collection.
If the saved questions are stored in a restricted collection (such as someone’s personal folder), then other groups won’t be able to view those cards.
Someone with edit permissions (your Metabase admin is probably a safe bet) will need to move those questions into a collection that you have permissions to.
- I can’t view or edit queries from the SQL editor.
- I’m getting a “permission denied” error message.
- I can’t save my question or dashboard.
- I can’t see my tables.
- My visualizations are wrong.
Are you still stuck?
If you can’t solve your problem using the troubleshooting guides: